David Cameron, plumber

Monday 12 November 2007 by Simon Aughton

Doherty-infested supermodel Kate Moss thought the Tory leader might actually have a purpose in life.

Appearing on tonight’s Parkinson show, the Old Etonian Conservative leader explains how the Croydon-born model thought he was “something to do with drainage” when they met recently.

The pair, who besides healthy bank balances also share a past dogged by headlines linking them with drugs, were introduced by Top Shop owner Sir Philip Green at a charity dinner.

Mr Cameron told Michael Parkinson he had been a little starstruck. Scrambling for something to say, he recalled that the model had a house in his Oxfordshire constituency.

“We’d had these terrible floods in West Oxfordshire and so I said, ‘Very nice to meet you, very sorry about the flooding in your house. I know your local pub has been flooded, I’ve been to see the publican and I know you like to go to the pub and so I know it’s going to reopen in six months’,” he said.

“So I went on like this, twittering on, and she turned around and said, ‘God, you sound like a really useful guy, can I have your phone number?’”

The Guardian / How Kate Moss met Cameron - and thought he was a plumber

Filed under having  

0 comments: